May 7th 2012 09:27 am
A day on which I Holler Uncle!
What? Why? Come again?
OK, well in this specific case I need to put the breaks on new custom mold making projects. In reviewing my current queue of mold making projects, I find that I just plain have too much work to do. So, from now though July I’ll be taking no New mold making projects. There are of course exceptions to every rule. In this case, if I’m already working on projects for you, you are exempted from this halt on new projects. If you simply need one, or two pieces molded (in a shared mold), I can still take your project, as I will have need for some filler here and there.
20mm Napoleonic Update:
Some progress has been made on the 20mm Napoleonic project. A while back I had started sorting and looking into new molds for the 20mm Austrians. last night I finished sorting and counting master/patterns for this range and find that we have maters and or patterns for all the Austrian specific figures. I’m still trying to decide how best to proceed with the overall remolding project, but at least I now have a solid starting point. My next steps for this project will roughly be as follows:
- Make a ‘test’ mold
- Based on results from the ‘test mold’
- If all looks ‘good’
- make final determination on # of molds needed to remold the entire Austrian range
- calculate and budget for mold costs (time & materials)
- determine new pricing for 20mm Napoleonic figures
- define pre-order process & pricing for 20mm Austrians
- If test mold proves problematic
- Step back and see what we can do to solve molding issues
- If all looks ‘good’
- Assuming we are ‘go’ for 20mm Napoleonic molding using data from our Austrian pilot project
- Map our remaining molds for the entire range
- Set budget and schedule
- setup pro-prder program
- make molds, cast and ship figures
More on this one just as soon as I can complete the test mold.
Joe Morschauser Miniatures:
In my last post the article mentions:
"...some castings Joe Morschauser sent me that “represented” whole battalions of men scaled at about 5mm..."
I knew that I had some of these in one of my many boxes of figures, so I added finding them to my TODO list. Well, I was searching for some other bits and pieces (for another project) on Saturday and guess what I found? If you guess a million dollars you are wrong. I you guessed ‘figures by Joe Morschauser’ you would be correct! I took some pictures on Sunday, but I need to edit those a bit – or take new pickets with a better camera! Anyhow, be sure to check back later in the week for some pictures of these almost unknown miniature figures.
Scruby N-Gauge WWII French:
I know, you are saying to yourself: ”There ain’t no such thing!”
Well, before Saturday I would have agreed with you. At first, I thought that I had found a completed Scruby WWI figure, but after a second look, the figure in question was not (WWI) late war French, but rather WWII French. Alas we are looking at a single pose (on guard). This is a simple figure, no extra kit, just on guard with rifle. Now, I don’t have a lot of background on this figure, but based on what I do know, I suspect this was intended to represent Vichy French in North Africa (North Africa, being the theme for Scruby’s N-Gauge WWII line). I’ll be posting pictures along with the Morschauaser pictures mentioned above. Oh, and Yes. I will put this figure into production. I will take another swing though my Miscellaneous N-Gauge stash just to make sure I don’t have any other ‘lost gems’ waiting for production – there is an incomplete N-gauge cow…
OK, well that should be enough for today, especially since I’ve teased you with promises of pictures – so I should use what little spare time I have to finish up some photos and editing…